In principle, we see clients on a referral basis.
- 1 Civil cases
In reference to the former Daini Tokyo Bar Association’s fee rules, decisions shall be made by mutual consultation on the basis of: Startup fee: 5 – 8% of the disputed amount Contingency fee: 10 - 16% of monetary amounts acquired/defended. In the case of lawsuits, they shall be determined on a tier-by-tier basis. In addition, when the case is extremely difficult, or if the volume of paperwork is expected to be extremely large, etc., monetary amounts may increase depending on the particulars of each case.
- 2 Criminal cases
- Both the startup fee and contingency fee shall be determined by mutual consultation depending on the particulars of each case. The startup fee and contingency fee shall be charged separately for each stage of investigation and each trial stage (on a tier-by-tier basis as to trial stages).
- 3 Time-charge system
- If a time-charge system is adopted, the charge shall be determined by mutual consultation. (Time charges will differ according to the particular attorney.)
- 4 Per-diem allowance
- According to the total number of hours spent on an out-of-the-office workload, a calculation shall be made based on an hourly rate per attorney of 10,000 yen (not including consumption tax).
- 5 Consultant
- As a general rule, the fee shall be 50,000 yen or more (not including consumption tax) on a monthly basis by mutual consultation.
- 6 Actual expenses
- As for expenses required for paperwork, actual expenses shall be charged with a breakdown shown.
- We always accept requests for legal consultation on any legal issues.
- We do not accept legal consultations by emails or by telephones. You are required to appear at the office for the initial legal consultation.
- Requests shall be made only by telephone. Please kindly make an appointment by telephone before visiting our office.
- Response to Legal Consultation
- An initial legal consultation (up to 2 hours) shall generally be conducted by a Representative Partner and appropriate advice shall be given to the consulter.
- Legal Consultation Fee
- The initial legal consultation fee shall be calculated at ￥10,000 per 30 minutes.
- If it is necessary to have legal consultations more than once on the same matter, the consultation fee shall be charged by the hour for the second consultation and thereafter.
- Hourly charges will differ according to the attorney in charge.
We will explain it to the clients at the time of completion of the initial legal consultation.